Thursday 9 June 2011

Montreal Magic....

Thursday June 9th
Here I am in French Canada..Quebec.   It really is all French. I must say I wasn't expecting everyone to speak French and not much English...I like it..North America meets Europe....even the morning bacon is laced with maple syrup!...
I arrived last night into a storm..quite literally..apparently the worst storms..rain..thunder and lighting in 50 years...the airport was closed for 3 hours...which in Canada is most unusual. given during the winter a million tons of snow is dumped and the airport stays open!
The plane couldn't land for a while, but not much of a delay..the hotel was around 20 mins from the airport.
This morning I went straight to the track, there are regular shuttles to the track..only 10 mins away, really close and parallel to the port and St Lawrence seaway. Tiny Paddock very narrow, met the President of the circuit and Montreal  motor federation, Francoise. He had received a letter from Mr Ecclestone so he knew all about my project and requests...he already has himself lined up to write as well as the Mayor of Montreal. and a government minister. and a beautiful singer for the National Anthem...great!..so with that taken care of I headed downtown to take pictures....fantastic that I could walk everywhere.these days I spend taking pics of the City..I've never walked so much...on my 3rd pair of trainers!..lovely old quarter...lots of Jazz...like a mini New Orleans..may go back there later...not sure about the beers here.....Bud Light...they are a sponsor of the race so all the hotel staff are decked out in the Bud colours!...not sure about that!...guess it's good business for the Hotel Delta.
The people of Montreal absolutely love F1..they turn up in their thousands even today ..non race day..just for the driver autographs.....
And Mr Ecclestone arrives this evening into another storm so to speak....more Thunder and Bahrain!!!
Looking forward to getting a good view of the circuit tomorrow...from first brief viewing an attractive track...lots of water and trees ...

No comments:

Post a Comment