Sunday 14 August 2011

Hungary...what a feast!

Race day Sunday..and Hungary for more!
I knew it would be a challenging day..the two executives of the circuit hadn't written their pieces yet.
I'm getting used to them wanting time to compose their lines...it shows that they take the project very seriously ......with the exception of one or two!
After better weather on Saturday and a great qualifying session, Sunday was set up for a thrilling race.
I was able to walk most of the inner circuit in my capacity as a photographer!...I have been watching the snappers..and their particular way of standing enabling them to take judder free shots!...also in order for me to blend in with these guys..one has to look the part..which as far as I can make out...not saying hello but just acknowledging with a slight tip of the head!
Cameras these days make life so easy, great quality digital pictures.
Manged to take some great pictures of the cars with the huge yellow backdrop from the ENI advertising boards.
I have been eating some delightful simple Hungarian dishes..but Sat' nights dish was far from delightful!
Previously we had some lovely goose liver. This restaurant listed it in their menu, so myself and one other  from Formula management chose it again...to our horror..the liver was deep fried!..battered liver!..then Lucy Mr Ecclestone's PA  ordered sea bass....deep fried!!.........glad we didn't order dessert!
Sunday's weather not so good..very grey but dry with the threat of rain...seems to have been a pattern of many previous races.
Met up with Tomas CEO, early ..told me to find him during the race in his office ..then he will write and get others, to also...very encouraged by that!..
I was a little late getting onto the grid, taking some good pictures around the circuit..fantastic natural banks looking down over the circuit..perfect for spectators...loads of Russian and Polish flags..all wishing Kubica well..nice to see. Also a lot of Ferrari flags with birthday greetings for Alonso...30 years young.
The stands to the side of the grid were very close...the spectators almost within touching distance..really added to the atmosphere..also the colour ..the title sponsors ENI colour is yellow...grid girls looking very bright in their tasteful outfits...I really do feel privileged to be able to take a spot on every race grid...I really enjoy ..sensing the nervous anticipation of the teams although their professionalism shows through ..one still senses their human side..wanting their man to do well.
Straight from the grid...fast dash to the CEOs office...he wasn't there..what do I do ..wait or go to the Paddock club to the ENI suite to catch there CEO??...just as this thought passed through my mind Tomas appeared..great!...with his daughter who helped him with the spelling, he wrote his piece in Hungarian then English.  It all then got even better..Tomas took me to see the Chairman of the circuit who wrote his piece...he then led me into an office where the President of Hungary was watching the race, explained to him who I was and what I was doing..he wrote a piece...of course in Hungarian...so could be about anything!...could be a shopping list for all I know!
Sitting with The President was 100 m sprinter Asafa Powell..well I couldn't waste the opportunity to ask him to write something...He kindly wrote a lovely piece . His first visit to a GP...and liking the explosive burst of speed from the starting grid...to his sport..
Delighted with all that...time was passing too quickly..I then had to run up the the Paddock club ..into the ENI SUITE, to find their CEO. ..knowing that I had to queue up for the podium shots. They were waiting for me up there...how nice!.
..Great  coffee up there too..all beautifully laid out for their clients...strong aroma of flowers and perfume....and money!
Another dash to the Podium....good to see Button on top!...I wasn't quite close enough to feel the spray from the bubbly...hopefully I will at one race.
A great time in Budapest...found some lovely fabric too...great shots..great food..(Almost!)
3 week break now..Factories have to close shop for 2 of these weeks...
Not for me though... happy to spend the time in studio catching up and cracking on with the work...11 paintings on the go now.....
Belgium next...travelling on Eurostar..should be fun.....





No comments:

Post a Comment