Thursday 23 June 2011

Valencia...beautiful...

Thursday morning...
Flew in yesterday lunchtime on the F1 Jet 146 from Biggin Hill. Amazing.... arrived at biggin hill..departures, one room with a cafe and a tea lady called Betty!....so relaxed walked onto the plane,  such a lovely small jet..very comfortable too. Seat near the front , the cockpit was all open so had a great view of take off and landing..didn´t seem real. felt like I was in a simulator!....as we were about to land I took a pic of the cockpit ...thought I had turned the flash off!...could have been tricky landing!
FOM technicians and management were on the plane..in flight food..bag of crisps and a kitkat..
From landing , it took 10 mins to the car to drive me to the hotel..what a treat!
Hotel Westin, beautiful relaxed Hotel near the old part of the city...apparently many drivers are here too...maybe catch some in the lifts again...incidentaly the lift manufactures are called Schindler....Schindlers lifts!!
Last evening I was invited to see the new Cirque du Soleil in town with some guys from F1 management. The founder Guy Laliberte gave us tickets in Montreal..what an unexpected marvel!...fantastic..I would run out of superlatives to describe the experience...pure art!...beauty ..drama..theatre..colour...caressed all the senses!
So many layers..all what I want to achieve in my paintings...what a great start to Valencia..
Off to take pics around the city now..a great pleasure!.....then to the circuit later...

No comments:

Post a Comment